Monday, March 31, 2014

35 weeks

35 weeks

Baby is now the size of: A coconut.  Baby is just over 5 lbs now!  Crazy to think I'm carrying a 5lb weight in my belly at all times.
Total weight gain: 23 lbs
Maternity clothes: A little of both.  But this belly is getting so big even my small maternity tee shirts are getting short. 
Sleep: Thankful to be sleeping like a rock still.  And still taking a catnap in the afternoon.
Favorite meal this week: {Salmon BLT's} are always a favorite in our house.  But we also made a chicken salad that was pretty darn good (and healthy so of course that was followed up by an unhealthy dessert!) Recipes below.
Cravings: Sweets and fruit constantly. 
Exercise: I still had my cold at the beginning of the week and then we were so busy with evening plans, I only worked out one day.  My body needed the break but I'm anxious to get back to running!
Pregnancy aches & pains: Just my typical right side rib pain.
Worst moment this week: Being sick which made me a not so patient mommy.  God teaches us so many lessons when we are down for the count.
Best moment this week: Baby is still head down!  Cannot believe it.  And after 5 weeks of contractors in our house, they finished our bathrooms and there's peace again.  AKA I can stay in sweats and no makeup longer in the morning :)
Looking forward to: Only one more month till baby is here and lots of fun activities planned for April.  It's going to fly by so I really want to cherish each day I have left with just Solis and Shaun.

 My favorite ray of sunshine.  She fills my heart with indescribable joy.

Adapted from Kraft Foods
Ingredients
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
1 cup chopped red pepper
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup fresh cilantro

Extras 
avocado, cut into chunks
sliced almonds
shredded cheese
spinach
pitas or wraps

Directions
In a large bowl, combine the chicken with vegetables and cilantro.  Top the salad with avocado chunks, almonds, or cheese.  I eat this with spinach and no dressing b/c I'm not a fan of dressing.  My hubby puts his in a wrap or pita and adds a dressing.


Ingredients
12 oz. vanilla wafers, crushed
1/2 cup melted butter
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
12 oz. evaporated milk
1/2 tea. salt
half gallon ice cream, softened

Directions
1. Crush the wafers and mix with the melted butter.  Set aside 1 cup and spread the rest on the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan.  Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
2. Melt the chocolate chips over the stove top with milk and salt until thickened.  This takes about 20 minutes and it is very important that it gets thick so it stays on top of the cookie layer.
3. Pour over the wafers then cover and freeze for 25 minutes or until firm.
4. Spread ice cream on top of the chocolate.  I usually get 2 flavors and do half and half so our guests have a choice of ice cream.
5. Top with the remaining crumbs and cover and freeze for 2 hours.