Sunday, March 16, 2014

St. Patty Day Treats


St. Patty Day Treats
I whipped up some fun, festive treats for Solis this weekend in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  First up were the rainbow fruit kabobs.  She LOVED them.  More than I thought she would.
Other color options could be:
Red-red apples, cherries, watermelon
Orange-cantaloupe, peaches
Yellow-bananas, yellow apples, star fruit
Green-green apples, kiwi, honeydew
Blue-I used blueberries and blackberries.  Not sure what else there is??
Purple-raisins, plums
You could even add marshmallows at the end of your rainbow :)
 Home girl ate 5 of these sticks and still wanted more.  I've said it before and I'll say it again-if you put food on a stick, kids will dig it.
Now onto the dessert St. Patrick's Day pancakes.
 These unhealthy puppies are just Bisquick pancakes with green food dye, add some cool whip, and top it off with marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal.
Why she wouldn't pick up that fork is beyond me.  It's not like she's never used one.  I guess it's more fun to go face first into a pile of goodness.

Green shirt-Old Navy
Green bow-Jameson Monroe
Happy St. Patty's Day!! :)