Wednesday, March 19, 2014

33 weeks

33 weeks
Baby is now the size of: A durian, another fruit I've never heard of.  Baby is around 4 pds and over 17 in long.
Total weight gain: 22 pounds
Maternity clothes: Definitely jeans and tanks and tees.  I always throw on a regular hoodie or cardigan over top.
Sleep: Good when I finally fall asleep.  Getting hard to turn my mind off of everything I have to do still.
Favorite meal this week: We tried a new sauce for salmon this week and it was delish.  Recipe below.
Cravings: Constant sweets.  A piece of chocolate doesn't cut it after dinner.  I need a real dessert every night.  It's bad for the hips, real bad.
Exercise: Running or elliptical-2 days at 40 min, 2 days at 30 min, and one 5k!
Pregnancy aches & pains: Can't complain too much.  When I was prego with Solis, I had horrible rib pain constantly but I only feel it once in awhile with this babe.
Worst moment this week: Not a particular moment but I am feeling so overwhelmed.  I've realized I only have less than 2 months till I won't be able to get anything done and my list is thiiiis long still.  I try to get these weekly updates out on the weekends and look, here it is Wednesday and I'm just now getting to it.  We're also getting our bathrooms remodeled so it's complete chaos here.
Best moment this week: I ran a 5k and Solis ran her first fun run!  My time was 25:58.  My splits were 8:45, 8:15, 8:00-which completely shocks me b/c when I run on the treadmill, I only run 9:15-9:30 pace.  And Solis's little race was just completely adorable.  It was so fun to introduce her to the running atmosphere.  I made a video of her run below.
Looking forward to: Solis is spending the night at grandma's this weekend and we plan on working on the baby's room.  And go to dinner without rushing through it.  And being able to finish a conversation for once.  Now if only I could drink some wine, that would be perfect.  I guess another dessert will have to do!



 Salmon with dill sauce
(adapted from Taste of Home)

Ingredients
1/4 cup mayo
2 TB sour cream
1/2 TB chives (or chopped green onions)
1/2 TB lemon juice
1/4 tsp dill weed

1 lb fresh atlantic salmon
seasonings for taste

Directions
1. In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients and refrigerate until serving. 
2. Cook salmon in a skillet and season with your favorite seasonings.  We use salt, pepper, and Chef Paul's magic seasoning blends. (Link)
3. Serve salmon with dill sauce, your favorite rice, and veggies.