Sunday, January 5, 2014

23 weeks

23 weeks
Baby is now the size of: A grapefruit, around 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound.
Total weight gain: 12-13 pounds
Maternity clothes: Busted out some maternity jeans this week, just about the same time I wore them in my first pregnancy.  I bought these from Old Navy.
Sleep: Sleeping great still and not waking up to pee or from pains!
Favorite meal this week: Shrimp and salmon veggie chowder.  Recipe below.  This tasted so good coming off the stomach bug and Solis ate it for lunch 3 days in a row!
Cravings: Chocolate.  But that's not any different from my pre-pregnancy days.
Exercise: After taking 9 days off from the stomach bug, I eased my way back into it.  Only did 4 days at 35 min (running/elliptical).
Sickness: Feeling better but now the round ligament pain is starting to set in.  Especially hurts when I run. 
Worst moment this week: No funny stories this week.  And no big complaints.  The round ligament pain hurts but this is the time when I got it with Solis so I was expecting it.
Best moment this week: I surprised my husband with a date night for his birthday.  We got to have to 2 nights out this week (nye as well) so this was a bonus week!!  And knowing that Solis LOVES spending time with her grandparents makes it sooo much easier to adios.
Looking forward to: My doctor's appt this week!  I recently switched practices to try a VBAC so this will be first appt. with them.

Shrimp & Salmon Veggie Chowder
(adapted from Taste of Home)
 
Ingredients
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup frozen corn
small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups spinach, torn
3/4 pound atlantic salmon, cut into cubes
3/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp. jalapeno slices, chopped
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup milk
cilantro and pepper

Directions
1. Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, simmer, covered for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2. Stir in spinach, salmon, shrimp, and jalapeno.  Cook a few minutes until spinach is wilted.
3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup.
4. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until soup is thickened.  Stir in cilantro and pepper.