Tuesday, April 29, 2014

39 weeks

39 weeks
I wrote this post last weekend but since Solis spent the weekend at Grandma's, couldn't get a picture till now.
Baby is now the size of: A small watermelon.  Solis was born at 39 weeks and weighed 7.1 pounds so I'm assuming that's what I'm carrying around.
Total weight gain: 26 pounds
Maternity clothes: Same old, same old.
Sleep: Still good!  I know a lot of expecting mamas have a hard time sleeping with pee breaks, leg cramps, etc so I'm especially grateful that God is giving me restful sleep.
Favorite meal this week: Ever have one of those nights when you're tired of eating healthy and cutting up 10,000 vegetables?  That was me this week and we had strawberry pancakes with whip cream.  And yes, we used a whole can of Reddi wip for this meal.  And when I say we, I mean Solis & I.
Cravings: Sweets.  It's going to be hard to cut back on those desserts when I can't hide behind my baby belly anymore.
Exercise: 4 days of running or elliptical, around 35 min each time
Pregnancy aches & pains: Just a little bit of rib pain if I sit too long and some of those crazy shooting pains in my groin but I seriously can't complain for being so active at 39 weeks. 
Best moment this week: Hearing from my mid wife that baby boy is still head down.  May seem routine to any other mom but I still can't believe that I might be able to go through with a vbac.  It's also weird to think I delivered Solis at 38 weeks and 6 days.  So if I had chosen a repeat c-section, this baby would be out by now!
Looking forward to: Our anniversary!  One last dinner alone.  Going to savor every quiet minute of that car ride and every bite of my food.  Having children makes you appreciate the little things :)



Celebrating our doggie's 5th birthday with ice cream.
 Turned an ordinary grilled cheese and fruit meal into something fun.  Solis responded with, "This is the best thing ever!"