Monday, April 21, 2014

38 weeks


38 weeks


Baby is now the size of: A pumpkin.  Seriously, feels like a pumpkin in there.
Total weight gain: 26 pounds
Maternity clothes: I don't own many maternity clothes b/c I'm picky on how they look so as a result, I wear the same thing over and over again.  SO ready for this belly to go away and go back to my old clothes.
Sleep: Pretty good....cherishing my 7-8 hours b/c they will be non-existent in no time!
Favorite meal this week: Pineapple shrimp kabobs.  Healthy and delicious.  Recipe below.
Cravings: Ice cream, ice cream, and more ice cream!  There's always a chance once I start nursing that dairy will have to leave my body so I am piling it in as much as a I can now :)
Exercise: Same as last week.  Ran or did the elliptical 4 times-2 days at 40 min and 2 days at 30 min.  Feeling blessed that once again, I can keep working out till the end.
Pregnancy aches & pains: Rib pain if I sit for too long but I can handle that.  What I have hard time handling is shooting pains in my groin.  My doctor said it's b/c the baby is head down and putting pressure on a nerve.  I get these shooting pains MANY times a day...it literally knocks me off my feet.  Never experienced this with Solis b/c she was so high up in my ribs being head up.
Best moment this week: Our super short yet super awesome babymoon (with Solis) so does that count as a babymoon?  We ate great food and little Solis swam to her heart's content.  We got a 2 bedroom suite so Shaun and I enjoyed quiet time at night forcing us to relax and do no work.  Thankful for the memories we made.
Looking forward to: Less than 2 weeks till my due date!  Although in my mind, I am preparing myself for longest case scenario so maybe 3 more weeks.  But that doesn't mean everyday I wake up thinking, will I start having contractions today?  It's so exciting!!


Solis having a blast in the pool.
The "I don't want to leave" face.


 Look at this tiny squirt in her king sized bed!





Adapted from Taste of Home
Ingredients
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup oil
1 TB basil
3 TB red wine vinegar
5 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 tsp salt
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
pineapple chunks
1 small onion, cut into chunks

Directions
1. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. 
2. On a metal or wooden skewer, thread one shrimp, one pineapple chunk, and one onion.  3. Place the skewers in a 13x9 pan.
4. Pour the tomato sauce mixture over kabobs and refrigerate covered 30 minutes or longer.
5. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally.