Sunday, March 2, 2014

31 weeks

31 weeks
 
Baby is now the size of: A pineapple, around 16 inches long
Total weight gain: 19-20 lbs, depending on my food choices :)
Maternity clothes: My staple Old Navy maternity jeans, a few Target maternity tanks/tees but for the most part, just wearing the next size up in regular shirts
Sleep: Wonderful!
Favorite meal this week: Mexican chicken corn chowder...recipe below
Cravings: Fresh fruit.  Oh how I'm longing for warm days, fresh fruit, and a glass of wine.
Exercise: Great week at the gym!  3 days of running or elliptical at 40 min and 2 days at 30 min.  Lots of squats and pull ups.
Pregnancy aches & pains: The right side rib pain has made a glorious return.  I can deal with it w/o pain meds but it can be so darn uncomfortable some nights that I can't even sit on the couch!
Worst moment this week: This is going to sound really, really spoiled but I worked 2 days this week and dreaded it!  I went back to sub at my old school-the school and kids were great-but I would just rather stay home with my Soly.  SAHM is definitely my calling in life right now!
Best moment this week: At my appt, my mid-wife said baby boy was head down!!!!!!  First time ever I've had a head down baby (after 20 weeks)!!
Looking forward to: I'll tell you what I'm NOT looking forward to: more snow and temps in the 20's for the first week of March!  On another note, I cannot believe I only have 9 weeks left!  Super excited!! :)

 After my baby appt, I took this little lady for a special treat.
End of week pizza night.  And precious toddler prayers.
 
Family fun Saturday!



Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
 I got this delicious soup recipe from my first grade teacher.  
I changed a few things around to satisfy our family's taste buds and it is our go to winter soup!

Ingredients
one Rotisserie chicken (or 1 lb of any cooked chicken)
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup hot water
2 cups half and half
1 can (16 oz) cream style corn
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
1 medium tomato, chopped
parsley

optional ingredients: black beans, shredded cheese

Directions
1. Tear your Rotisserie chicken in pieces.
2. Cook onions with garlic in a small skillet.
3. In a large pot, dissolve bouillon cubes in hot water.  Bring to a boil and reduce heat.  Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add chicken, half and half, corn, and chilies.  Cook until warm.
5. Stir in tomato and top with parsley.
    My husband adds black beans to his and feel free to add shredded cheese if you prefer!