the Christmas chocolate mint trifle
If you are a fan of chocolate and lots of it, then this bowl of richness is for you. I am certainly no Giada and my bowl may not look pretty but really, as long as it tastes amazing then I can overlook the presentation. It looks festive enough for the holidays so why not add a little chocolate cheer to your next gathering. I whipped up this bowl for my MOPS group and when I say whipped up, I literally just threw things together. So easy, just a little time consuming. And if you have a husband on hand to do the mixing, then even better!! Thanks, honey :)
1 box of brownies (I used Ghirardelli)
ingredients to make the brownies
3.9 package Jell-O instant chocolate fudge pudding
2 cups milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
drops of red food coloring (use green if you want to make a St. Patty's day bowl!)
12 mint oreos, chopped (you can use more if you are an Oreo fanatic or just eat the other row right there on the spot)
box of Andes mints, chopped
1. Make the box of brownies, cool, and cut into tons of little pieces. Try not to put any in your mouth. It's tough.
2. Beat pudding mix and 2 cups milk with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
3. Whip heavy cream using an electric mixer until it thickens a bit. Then add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and continue to whip. Add the mint extract and food coloring and mix until the cream till hold a peak. (This can take awhile so having a
sucker of a helpful husband helps.)
4. Chop the oreos and Andes mints, separately. I have the Ninja chopper and it works like a charm.
5. Time to layer! You will be doing 2 layers of each ingredient, except for the Andes mints, you will have 3 layers. Brownies, oreos, pudding, andes mints, cream mixture. Repeat. Sprinkle with andes mint.
6. Serve and try not to eat too much that may result in Tums....story of my life.
And a blog entry couldn't possibly be complete without a Soly Poly picture. We stopped by the lotion store, as she calls it, and what do you know....the bag matches her outfit. Couldn't resist.