Sunday, December 29, 2013

22 weeks

22 weeks
heart shirtdress, out of stock @ old navy | custom black and white bow | green cardigan

I didn't get to post a 21 week bump picture because Solis and I BOTH came down with the stomach bug!!  Hands down the worst night in that poor child's life.

Baby is now the size of: a spaghetti squash
Total weight gain: Irrelevant b/c of the stomach bug.
Maternity clothes: No.  I lived in sweats all week b/c of being sick.
Sleep: I think I slept the whole week away.
Favorite meal this week: I didn't eat much this week but I did manage a little plate of my mom's Christmas dinner.  She made a family recipe called Aunt Sally's Potatoes.  So unhealthy but so delicious.  I posted the recipe below.
Cravings: Fruit.  Too bad it's winter and there isn't much fresh fruit around.  Bananas and applesauce were obviously my food of choice this week.
Exercise: Took the whole week off.  Can't wait to hit the gym when I have my strength back.
Sickness: I think you know.
Worst moment this week: That one awful night.  From 8pm-3am, Solis was sick.  And so was I.  And she was screaming for ONLY me so I literally was crawling to her room every time she puked.  At least daddy was there to change sheets, give baths, and do laundry.  Thankfully, the puking only lasted 1 night.  However, the fatigue and nauseousness still hasn't gone away.
Best moment this week: Christmas morning.  Even though we were recovering from the stomach bug, I really did enjoy our quiet morning together.  Solis was SO SO excited for just about everything.  I was also thankful that even though I was stuck in bed most the week, I was able to feel my baby boy move around constantly.  Sickness stinks but finding those little blessings makes my heart happy.
Looking forward to: NYE.  Bonus-Solis is spending the night at grandma's!  Even though I can't have any bubbly this year, a whole night with my husband and friends without any toddler interruptions is close enough.  Or at least I keep telling myself it is.  CHEERS!


Aunt Sally's Potatoes
Ingredients
1 bag of southern style hash browns, thawed
4 tsp melted butter
4 tsp flour
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
 3 tsp melted butter 
1/2 cup cornflake crumbs

Directions
1. Cook the hash browns in a skillet with oil.
2. In a separate saucepan, combine the butter, flour, and milk and heat until thick. 
3. Add 1 cup of cheese to the sauce.
4. Place cooked potatoes in a greased 13x9 dish.  
5. Pour sauce over potatoes.
6. Top with remaining cheese.
7. Melt 3 tsp. butter and add cornflake crumbs.  Sprinkle on top of casserole.
8. Add paprika if desired.
9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.