Sunday, May 4, 2014

40 weeks

40 weeks
May 3rd has come and gone and I am now OVERDUE.  This past week, I still managed 4 days at the gym but didn't even attempt to run.  Just the elliptical.  Still feeling pretty good physically.....mentally it's hard to keep going.  I want to meet and hold my baby so so bad!  They're going to give him one more week to come out on his own and then an induction will be planned.


The best day this week was our anniversary.  Shaun surprised me and took the day off school, which he never does.  He was able to come to a baby appointment and then we took Solis to Monkey Joes-an indoor inflatable jumping playground.  In the evening, my parents came over to babysit and we enjoyed one last dinner out.  Shaun even made a s'mores dessert for me, which was h-e-a-v-e-n-l-y.  I literally ate 1/3 of the pan right out of the oven.  This dessert is best consumed right away when it's warm and gooey.
Ingredients
Graham Crackers
Roll of Cookie Dough
3-4 Hershey Bars
1 bag mini marshmallows

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Layer a 13x9 pan with graham crackers.
3. Roll out your cookie dough and place it on top of the graham crackers.
4. Bake these 2 layers for 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cover with Hershey bars.
6. Finish with a layer of marshmallows.
7. Place back in the oven and broil until your likeness.


I made Shaun a homemade card for our anniversary.  After looking at it, I realized I should have made Solis's triangle bigger than Dairy Queen blizzards.  But seriously, after some long days at home with her, a blizzard is right up there ;)

So for now as we sit, pray, and wait, we are enjoying outdoor picnics as a family of 3, soaking up the sunshine, and sleeping as much as possible!!